Settling into it....

Three pictures above taken while waiting for the Freemont lifting bridge to let a yacht out!

I like to be able to keep an eye on the bike from my pit - it also gives me somewhere to hang my knickers to dry!

The bike went together without problem this morning. Just two teething problems: rubbing in the front wheel turned out to be a loose brake block and gears playing up turned out to be because I had inadvertently squidged the gear cable when I put Steve’s pannier on – both easily solved.

It always takes a day or two to adjust to riding in a new place and today was no exception. Still, we are getting there – we successfully negotiated the busy Seattle dockside area and then worked our way right through downtown Seattle.  There have been a lot of dedicated traffic free cycleways, often the width of a Dorset lane. Although, many of them give the impression of riding through the backwoods, the sound of traffic has not often been far away. No complaints though – I wouldn’t want to cycle down one of those multi lane freeways that make our M25 look like a backwater!!

Today we have covered just 83km bringing us to a not very salubrious but perfectly acceptable motel at Everett. I believe there is a Boeing place here somewhere but we haven’t seen it. (Now I Google it I see there are a whole load of Boeing sites including an airfield.) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Folk

At last - Tailwind!