At last - Tailwind!

We soon lost the sun from the immediate surroundings of our lodge last night, so I trekked up to the viewpoint to put our washing in the sun - what better place to sit, chill and listen to American rock bands on my  phone 🙂.

Looks like someone has banged in an abseil anchor - maybe their washing disappeared over the edge 😉

I had imagined I would see lots of sunsets over the ocean on this trip but we always seem to be in a restaurant or back from the coast in the evening .....finally!! I had to climb over the fence to get the shot, but it's OK, no-one was looking!

We had a 'grab and go" breakfast included with our extremely expensive room. I'm bemused by their thought process - "these muffins are a bit expensive, let's cut them in half". Luckily I blagged double breakfast for Steve and I from the cleaning lady.

The hilly stuff of yesterday continued for about 40km and then the coast flattened out...

....but it was still hilly to our left (who put that pole right in the middle of the shot)

Elephant seals

These big bad boys and girls know how to fart and burp (or at least make very similar noises). I scrambled onto a sandy bank for the pictures but Steve could hear them going at it from where he was looking after the bike on the road.

It was cool when we emerged at 07:00 this morning but we soon warmed up on the first hill.  The prevailing wind is supposed to be from the north along this coast but we don't seem to have seen much of it.  Finally, today we have enjoyed a decent tailwind for most of the day. It has been another good day of riding.

99km with 1085m of climbing has brought us to Cayucos.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting Folk

Goodbye Giant Redwoods - Hello Palm Trees